About 2 years into my career I started receiving phone calls in regards to dogs with chronic and acute ailments. My veterinary technician and equine therapy training gave me both the in-depth knowledge of the canine musculoskeletal system and the tools required to successfully treat dogs. Since that time, and because of the lack of complimentary treatments available to dogs, I have successfully incorporated them into my practice.
It is my personal goal to improve your animal’s quality of life by helping to alleviate chronic or performance related ailments through preventive therapy and sports massage.
Canine Therapy Treatments
- Preventive and Rehab Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Musculoskeletal Adjustments
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Applied Kinesiology
- Reiki-Energy Therapy
Benefits of Canine Massage:
- Injury prevention by alleviating muscular imbalances before concerns arise and secondary problems become present.
- Increased circulation, which reduces fluid build up in muscles therefore assisting in muscle/tissue repair.
- Aids in the breakdown of muscle knots and scar tissue by increasing the blood flow to the area.
- Helps to tonify muscles and maintain anatomical structure and strength.
- Assists in the relief and treatment of muscle fatigue and atrophy.
- Improved movement along with better flexibility.
Benefits of Integrated Therapy
- Integrated use of Magnets – This addition to massage, more readily promotes healing and enhanced performance.
- Acupressure – Energy imbalances disrupt the meridians’ energy flow, therefore causing congestion of the body’s system. Acupressure helps to balance this build up.
- Applied Kinesiology (Muscle Testing) – Evaluating the body’s imbalances thru energy production.
- Trigger Point Therapy – The treatment of a specific muscle area to treat general problems.
- Reiki – Used for stress reduction and relaxation which also readily promotes the body’s healing process.
- Stretching – General and specific exercises incorporated in your daily regime have proven to increase range of motion and flexibility. This significantly improves muscle tone and helps to decrease muscle strains.
Helping to Improve Your Animal’s Quality of Life