Since early childhood, I have been drawn to horses. The continued passion and bond made me determined to follow my dreams and dedicate my career to their well-being. I began professionally helping animals as an Animal Health Veterinary Technician in 1996 and started my own professional practice as a Certified Equine Therapist in 2004 and have expanded to treat canines as well.
It is my personal goal to improve your horse’s natural movement and stride by alleviating performance-related or chronic ailments through preventative equine therapy and sports massage.
- Preventive and Rehab Therapy
- Saddle Fitting
- Musculoskeletal Adjustments
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Applied Kinesiology
- Reiki-Energy Therapy
- Rider / Horse Imbalance Assessment
Benefits of Equine Massage:
- Injury prevention by alleviating muscular imbalances before concerns arise and secondary problems become present.
- Increased circulation, which reduces fluid build up in muscles therefore assisting in muscle/tissue repair.
- Aids in the breakdown of muscle knots and scar tissue by increasing the blood flow to the area.
- Helps to tonify muscles and maintain anatomical structure and strength.
- Assists in the relief and treatment of muscle fatigue and atrophy.
- Improved movement along with better flexibility.
- Better attitude because of reduced pain.
Benefits of Integrated Therapy
- Saddlefitting – This is a major contributor of muscle soreness, atrophy and restricted movement. By alleviating and fixing this problem, your horse will move more freely and with less pain.
- Integrated use of Magnets – This addition to massage, more readily promotes healing and enhanced performance.
- Acupressure – Energy imbalances disrupt the meridians’ energy flow, therefore causing congestion of the body’s system. Acupressure helps to balance this build up.
- Rider/Horse Imbalance Assessment – An imbalanced rider can cause an imbalanced horse. Correcting this problem allows for a team that moves in harmony.
- Applied Kinesiology (Muscle Testing) – Evaluating the body’s imbalances thru energy production.
- Trigger Point Therapy – The treatment of a specific muscle area to treat general problems.
- Reiki – Used for stress reduction and relaxation which also readily promotes the body’s healing process.